Saturday, September 6, 2014

A New Pair of Pants

Day 6

I got up this morning and my pants didn’t fit! I’m a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl (or a dress kind of girl) and my favorite pair of jeans that I picked up post baby no longer fit… They were saggy where sagginess was unwelcome and generally just too big.

It’s amazing how quickly eating right and moving your body makes noticeable changes. I feel much more awake throughout my day and kind of glowy (must be the water.)

I dragged Arielle to the mall and picked up the next size down in my favorite Express boot cut denim and a soft shirt that’s sexy but good for cuddling with the baby. I feel like a new me and this is a new day. Hooray for retail therapy!

One of the keys to the 24 Day Challenge is eating small, frequent meals. I’ve been doing my best to eat every 2-3 hours. This goes against my years of dieting… I always thought the less I ate the skinnier I would be. I would try to not eat for as long as possible, skip meals, and I definitely did not consider snacks a good thing.

By eating more frequently:
  •          I’m less likely to lose control and overeat
  •          My blood sugar and energy stay consistent
  •          I burn the calories I do consume more efficiently

I love weekends because it means I get to spend extra focused time with the people I love. Tonight I’m looking forward to spending time with Josie, snuggling up with my babies for a movie night and enjoying this cool, almost-fall weather.

Today:

I ate every 2-3 hours and drank as much water as I could manage.

Advocare products:
  • ·         Catalyst
  • ·         Spark
  • ·         Restore Packet (Probiotics)
  • ·         Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Herbal Cleanse Supplement Packet
  • ·         Omegaplex


Food:
  • ·         Breakfast:
    • o   Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Morning Snack:
    • o   Hardboiled egg
    • o   Green apple
  • ·         Lunch:
    • o   Yellowfin sashimi with jalapeno
    • o   Cucumber
    • o   Hummus
  • ·         Afternoon Snack:
    • o   Almonds
    • o   Banana
  • ·         Dinner:
    • o   Stuffed green peppers (lean ground beef, brown rice, juicy diced tomatoes) 

Exercise: Foggy morning walk with Daniel Charles and Zoe the Ridiculous... plus shopping while baby-wearing, that's hard work!


Gratuitous baby photo:

If you are interested in doing your own 24 Day Challenge you can order it from the Advocare Website at: https://www.advocare.com/120531603/default.aspx, or of course I am available to answer any questions you have or point you to the right resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment