Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Three Spark Day

Day 3

A three Spark day…

Today was one of those days… yesterday’s stress, emotional exhaustion and a general lack of sleep caught up to me big time.

I knew it was a three Spark day when I was walking into my office and realized I had brought in my diaper bag. (That will be useful when I am testing systems and working on updating job descriptions… not)

At about 1100, I lost my momentum and all I wanted was a Cherry Pepsi from the vending machine and the greasiest, fattiest burger I could possibly order from the delicious looking food truck parked precisely outside of my office window.


I recognize these thoughts… These are the thoughts that happen when I am too tired to even pretend to remember my goals.

Luckily for me, today I know that I am going to write down how I do and share it publicly. Accountability is a b***h! A b***h and a best friend. When I incorporate accountability into my goals in a real and measurable way, they are way more likely to come to fruition.

I am accountable to all of you and to my friend Jami, who is doing this 24 Day Challenge with me. When I do a 24 Day Challenge, I really appreciate at least one buddy joining in the fun. The camaraderie makes me feel like I am in this with someone I care about, who I know cares about me as well. I am just as invested in Jami doing well as I am myself. When I succeed, she will know about it and be proud of me. So, here’s my public shout out for Jami… Well done you, you are amazing and awesome and I know that you can do this!!!

I apply this principle to exercise classes, meals, life goals and everything in between. If I say I am going to do something, especially to someone else… I will make every effort to get that something done.

The definition of accountability from merriam-webster is: the quality or state of being accountable; especially:  an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions 

Accountability can do some great things for you:
1. Accountability accelerates your performance. 
2. Accountability helps you measure your success and progress
3. Accountability keeps you engaged. 
 4. Accountability will keep you responsible.  
 5. Accountability will validate your thoughts and ideas. 

Be sure as you are challenging yourself to reach your goals through accountability that your goals are SMART:
·         Specific – target a specific area for improvement.
·         Measurable – quantify or at least suggest an indicator of progress.
·         Assignable – specify who will do it.
·         Realistic – state what results can realistically be achieved, given available resources.
·         Time-related – specify when the result(s) can be achieved.

Thanks to you reading this for helping me to be accountable and reach my goals!

Today:

I ate every 2-3 hours and drank as much water with lemon as I could manage.

Advocare products:
  • ·         Catalyst
  • ·         Spark
  • ·         Fiber10 Drink
  • ·         Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Herbal Cleanse Supplement Packet


Food:
  • ·         Breakfast:
    • o   Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Morning Snack:
    • o   Hard-boiled egg
    • o   Banana
  • ·         Lunch:
    • o   5 oz grilled chicken
    • o   ¼ cup of brown rice
    • o   Marinara sauce
    • o   Roasted veggies
  • ·         Afternoon Snack:
    • o   2 egg white muffins (Kalola’s recipe)
    • o   Green apple
  • ·         Dinner:
    • o   5 oz turkey breast with gravy
    • o   Green beans
    • o   Salad with vinegar



If you are interested in doing your own 24 Day Challenge you can order it from the Advocare Website at: https://www.advocare.com/120531603/default.aspx, or of course I am available to answer any questions you have or point you to the right resource.

Here is a gratuitous baby photo for your daily enjoyment :)



1 comment:

  1. You survived day 3! Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading your blog thus far and in all honesty, look forward to it each evening. I'm thinking day 24 will be a little bittersweet for me! Keep it coming! You're AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete