Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Day 10

The Most Important Meal of the Day

I personally feel that every meal is important, but I am told that the most important meal of any good day is the first one.

Breaking the fast you underwent in order to get the right amount of sleep is very important for a number of reasons. A good breakfast:

  •          Increases your brain’s efficiency throughout the day
  •           Increase your energy and feeds your muscles
  •           Kick-starts your metabolism


People who regularly eat breakfast tend to have generally healthier lifestyles and maintain a healthier BMI.

Sometimes I find it impossible to take the time to eat breakfast or locate the desire to put food in my mouth before I feel fully awake.

The 24 Day Challenge includes a meal replacement shake for breakfast. If you don’t like that option, you can always eat a healthy carb, protein and fruit instead. However, I LOVE that option. I have zero time to get out the door in the morning and the shake can easily travel with me. I find them very filling, reasonably delicious and they give me all the energy I need to start my day out the right way.

Today was the last day of the Cleanse phase of the Challenge. I have a love/hate relationship with the fiber drink. I will miss how full it makes me feel, but I will not miss trying to choke it down first thing in the morning.

Anyhow… excited for this next phase and continuing on this positive path!

Today:

I ate every 2-3 hours and drank as much water as I could manage.

Advocare products:
  • ·         Catalyst
  • ·         Spark
  • ·         Restore Packet (Probiotics)
  • ·         Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Fiber10 Drink
  • ·         Omegaplex


Food:
  • ·         Breakfast:
    • o   Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Morning Snack:
    • o   Peach
    • o   Hardboiled Egg
  • ·         Lunch:
    • o   Stuffed Bell Pepper (We had a lunch and learn today, and I had to order and serve soda, pizza, breadsticks and cookie pizza slices… I didn’t particularly want that food, but resisting the temptation to eat it was not easy)
  • ·         Afternoon Snack:
    • o   Hardboiled Egg
    • o   Apple
    • o   Banana
  • ·         Dinner:
    • o   Turkey meatballs, gluten free vodka sauce sautéed with fresh mushrooms and spinach


Exercise: Walk with Ari and Daniel, baby push-ups and baby reverse crunches






If you are interested in doing your own 24 Day Challenge you can order it from the Advocare Website at: https://www.advocare.com/120531603/default.aspx, or of course I am available to answer any questions you have or point you to the right resource.


No comments:

Post a Comment