Monday, September 1, 2014

Out With the Old


 Day 1

Coming off of a particularly unexpected and awful breakup is not an easy thing to do, but I am determined to be better and stronger than ever before, while still being true to who I am and open to other people.

I am incredibly grateful for my friends, family and all of the awesome people in my life. When I fall, it’s not very far because of their support. I recognize how fortunate I am.

“Out with the Old” is a fitting title for this first day of the 24 Day Challenge. Days 1-10 have a gentle cleanse element to them. There is a soluble fiber and probiotic incorporated into the Challenge. The purpose is to help the body be better able to absorb nutrients and to rid the body of toxins. The idea is that the body will be pushing toxins and waste into the bloodstream and intestines that needs to be flushed out. This Cleanse is gentle and uneventful, but VERY effective. So here’s to moving forward and getting rid of old emotions and old toxins that no longer serve me!

Today, Arielle ran a little lemonade stand outside of my parents’ house to raise money for her school’s new playground. As her best employee, I had the task of bagging up chocolate chip cookies. This was a little tricky because on this first day of the Challenge I am only eating fruits, vegetables and my meal replacement shake. I’m pretty sure I only drooled on a couple of the cookies; it’s an added bonus with purchase ;)


If you do the fruits and vegetables only option for Day 1, you aren't really supposed to incorporate exercise, which for me is just fine… I haven’t really been exercising lately anyhow. Tomorrow I've got a hot yoga class in my calendar, so fingers crossed I make it.

Today:

* I ate every 2-3 hours and drank as much water with lemon as I could manage.

Advocare products:
  • ·         Catalyst
  • ·         Spark
  • ·         Fiber10 Drink
  • ·         Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Herbal Cleanse Supplement Packet


Food:
  • ·          Peach - The delicious Colorado kind
  • ·         Chili’s Caribbean Salad with the dressing on the side (fork-dipped… if you don’t know this trick, it’s the absolute best)
  • ·         Banana
  • ·         Cucumbers and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar
  • ·         Artichoke
  • ·         Veggie kabobs
  • ·         Watermelon cubes
If you are interested in doing your own 24 Day Challenge you can order it from the Advocare Website at: https://www.advocare.com/120531603/default.aspx, or of course I am available to answer any questions you have or point you to the right resource.



No comments:

Post a Comment