Monday, September 15, 2014

Babies, Budgets, and Business


Day 15

Babies, Budgets and Business

Embarking on this next phase of my life with two little ones is exciting and a little bit scary. Moving from a combined to a single income, while at the same time establishing a household is a daunting budgeting task.

I’ve put together a budget, but barely. I’ve never been great at managing money and this is going to take all of my skills and some new ones. 

I’ve been working with my brother, who inherited more of the Scottish genes than I did to put together some numbers that work. I’ve downloaded a budget app that received 4 stars in the app store and I am pumped and ready to go.

Keeping to a budget and not exceeding my income will help me to manage stress, focus on financial priorities and maintain a reasonable lifestyle for my babies.

What I’ve realized in putting my budget together is that there is very little room for things like… Christmas, extracurricular activities and anything extra at all.

My budget works but just barely.

I love the Advocare products and I’ve seen the business model work very well for my friends that have taken advantage of the opportunity. I’m starting to feel serious about the potential of my own Advocare business adding to my income. The things I like about the potential are:

  •           Earning extra income without taking time away from my babies
  •           Helping others achieve their health goals
  •           Being part of a positive community of entrepreneurs


If you were thinking about a Challenge or even becoming involved with Advocare, this is the moment. A call to action and support of my budding small business!

Ways to get your Challenge on:

Either way, thanks for your support! The feedback and love I’ve received through this blog inspire me to keep on keepin’ on and to become even better for tomorrow.

Today’s TED pick:

http://www.ted.com/talks/daniel_goldstein_the_battle_between_your_present_and_future_self?utm_medium=on.ted.com-facebook-share&awesm=on.ted.com_s04OM&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=awesm-publisher&utm_campaign=#t-342243

Today:

I ate every 2-3 hours and drank as much water as I could manage.

Advocare products:
  • ·         Catalyst
  • ·         Spark
  • ·         Meal replacement shake
  • ·         MNS MAX Control
  • ·         Omegaplex


Food:
  • ·         Breakfast:
    • o   Meal replacement shake
  • ·         Morning Snack:
    • o   Hardboiled egg
    • o   Granny smith apple
  • ·         Lunch:
    • o   5 oz baked chicken
    • o   ¼ cup red pepper hummus
    • o   Sliced cucumbers
  • ·         Afternoon Snack:
    • o   ¼ cup almonds
    • o   Banana
  • ·         Dinner:

    • Turkey meatballs sauteed with spinach, diced green peppers and tomato basil sauce


Exercise: One mile walk with Daniel and Zoe the Ridiculous, baby reverse crunches, baby push-ups… starting to feel more energetic!!!

If you are interested in doing your own 24 Day Challenge you can order it from the Advocare Website at: https://www.advocare.com/120531603/default.aspx, or of course I am available to answer any questions you have or point you to the right resource. 

No comments:

Post a Comment